Monday, November 24, 2008

Bear Hunting!

Last weekend we went Bear hunting, I got a preally pretty dark red bear, she was 240lbs (gutted) with lots of fat! We aren't even half done rendering the fat off of her and we already have just shy of 3 gallons of grease. We will be eating good this winter! I have already made bear spaghetti and Jarrett made some fry meat, Yummy!!! She was a little mean though, came within 10 ft of Jarrett and Jason and swatted at them (I ended up a bit downhill of the action and couldn't get into it quite fast enough), and ended up beating on one of Jarrett's dogs giving her 2 broken and 3 cracked ribs. She is recovering well, though she will be out for the rest of the season. I will put up pictures when I get to highspeed, just didn't have time when I was in town last week.

No comments: