Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bear Pics!! Finally!

Finally made it to real internet! So here are some pictures of the Great Bear Hunt...

The bear in the tree. She was just taking a quick breather and wasn't going to stay there long!

A couple of dogs treeing.

After the bear was dead the dogs got to go chew on it for awhile as a reward. (I didn't have the flash on so some of the pics are blurry, sorry)

My trophy pic! And Dink got in the pic too since he was the only dog that went all the way through and got her treed by himself! He's been the champ this season.

Gutting her.

Got a little Captian in you?

And another Trophy pic.

Hanging the bear to skin her.

We have been eating a lot of bear meat, can't get enough of it!
No other pics right now, we went to Redding for Thanksgiving, and went bear hunting again last weekend, caught a small bear, I have some good pics from that but didn't bring the camera down with me...Oops! So those will be for next time I get down here... As far as the horses, we finally went riding last weekend, just a short ride since our good saddles are at cow camp still, so I had to ride in the darn english saddle to try to go track down a bull and herd him home... We didn't find the right bull (found out he is on the other side of the valley...) but got to run from charging steer. Lots of fun in a postage stamp! And I am working with Spice to train her to drive, and will probably teach Sugar too. They are both for sale so that should help place them. I think that is all for this time, and I will update again when I can!

No comments: